Sunday, January 25, 2009

The Trials of my Life...



Tweed overcoat, tartan shirt, v-neck sweater, oxfords, braided belt and bowtie, all vintage. Khakis, Obey. Watch, UO

I found this coat a few years ago and even though I practically swim in it I bought it anyways. I loved the huge lapels and extended length double breasted look, and the tweed... oh the tweed!

I gave it to my mom after I bought it and she said she'd take in the waist for me so that it fit better. Two years later I find the thing hanging in her closet unaltered and decided to just bring it home, haha. My mother is a busy woman so I can't really blame her lol. Plus it's not like I really need a coat like this living in Florida. I guess I just saw this and wanted it regardless of wether or not I need it, oh shopping haha.

I thought maybe if it had a belt it would work. Then I thought maybe I could add one of my own belts. This might be kind of weird to take off when I got wherever I was going though haha... who knows? What do you guys think?



Added faux croc belt and grey leather duffel, both vintage.

Oh, and here's a close up of the bow-tie. I bought it at the Hell's Kitchen flea market in New York. Isn't it sexual? Umm, I mean dignified lol

10 comments:

whats-he-wearing.com said...

i would wear it sans belt but with skinny jeans to create contrast.

nice coat though. vintage loves you!

Dr. Debonaire said...

yeah after looking at these pics I decided to lose the belt... it makes me look like Dick Tracy or something equally cartoonish haha...

skinny jeans are a good idea! you're brilliant!

Char Ruiz Manjarrez said...

Yeah the skinny jeans is a great idea to balance it out. I once tried to belt a coat too but it didn't really work. The bow tie is completely sexual though

C.

Rachel Nguyen said...

I think... if I continue to read your blog... I am going to fall in love with you...

Dr. Debonaire said...

cris - i am glad we agree on classifying the bow-tie as sexual (haha)

raych - i am always in the market for new loves :)

Anonymous said...

Everything about you is perfection.
That is all.

Dr. Debonaire said...

nicole - you are an angel... i love you!

Berkley Magazine said...

Looking dapper. Lovely outfit.

Dr. Debonaire said...

iluwfashion - thank you, dapper, coming from you means a lot!

LJ said...

lovely outfit. The bowtie and cinched belt add a bit of quirkiness and uniqueness to the whole look. Love it!

xx-LJ from SOS!