Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Romeo had Juliet...

... but give me three sweeties and a new corvette


Plaid shirt and braided belt, both vintage. Bomber Jacket, Zara. Jeans, Levi's 511. Shoes, Vans.

This is what I wore to the Mickey Avalon concert. I was going to wear something super grungy but I called the guys I was going with and they were both wearing blazers and ties (why I don't know?). So I had a change of plans. I had already been pre-drinking so I can't really describe why I chose these specific pieces but I did (haha). Regardless, I like the way this look turned out.

I wish we had taken a few photos of us the night of the concert because Lauren and my cousin Chelsea both looked super sexual. Lauren wore Givenchy wedges and no pants, enough said. The concert would have been more fun if the place wasn't packed with the typical morons that inhabit the Jacksonville area, however, a few of my UO coworkers showed up which was a nice surprise.

In other news, I have been glued to my computer the past few days following style.com and the Fall 2009 men's shows. I feel like this season has exhibited a lot more wearability than past seasons, probably a result of the recession and crashing retail markets (however, I'm not exactly an economist so don't mind me). Also, there has been a velvet explosion over in Milan. I am somewhat relieved by this bc a few weeks ago style.com declared velvet blazers the worst things of 2008 and I was mortified as I have been sporting mine like it's nobody's business. Clearly, I was just ahead of my time lol.

Lauren suggested that I do a "Runway, My Way" post and I think I'm going to try to do this in the near future! But if it turns out stupid I will save myself the embarrassment and just post about the shows without my personal interpretations.

bye bitches

p.s. why does it feel like Alaska outside?

No comments: