Sunday, March 8, 2009

My first boot outfit!




Glasses, Brooks Brothers. Scarf, vintage. Half-zip sweater, The Gap. Bomber, Zara. Jeans, Levi's. Boots, thrifted!

So this was my first time wearing the new boots. It was freezing out for Florida standards so I had to do some serious layering. I loved the boots though! They're so comfortable and they're lined with fleece so they kept my cankles warm. I thought ppl would be gawking at me but no one really seemed to notice. I suppose everyone was just wasted, haha. I wish we still had another month of cold weather so I could continue to play with my new purchase, but unfortunately, it's already like beach weather here. I worked at Urban today for the first time in like 3 weeks and all of the girls were like sunburnt and in bikini's. Ughhhh I HATE florida.

Oh AND I got my new glasses! I'm seriously in LOVE with them!! Here are a few close-ups:





They're actually sunglasses but I had prescription lenses put in them. I am obsesseddddd! I've never been so happy with a pair of frames in my life.

Ok, well I'm exhausted and need to get to bed. I am turning into such an old man. All of my friends are out at some florescent day-glo party, meanwhile, I'm sipping "sleepy time" tea whilst cuddled up in bed with my laptop haha. Additionally, I clearly don't own any day-glo so that is my excuse for not showing, haha.

bye bitches :)

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I knew you would make them work. I do like the ensemble you put together. It's easy, casual, and appropriate for the weather you described. Plus they're black, and anyone who knows a thing or two about a thing or two knows black go with anything. Just because it's getting warmer, doesn't mean you should lay the boots to rest. Keep experimenting! Unless it's blistering heat outside, I say keep trying new things :) Maybe I'm greedy and just wanna see what you can come up with ;) lol

P.S. the gawkers are the jealous ones. I wore my red slim/skinnys from H&M the other day; was gawked at, then approached, and was told that I was a brave soul to rock vibrant pants I loved it.

[K]

whats-he-wearing.com said...

those glasses are lovely, i love them!

and those $4 boots are a steal, you really rock the whole look. you are a superstar i love you!

RetroVintageModStyle said...

Awesome glasses! What brand are they and the price hehe Liked them pretty much, maybe I should change my frames.

And about the glo, who cares you'll be grateful when you're 40 and everyone else is looking leathered lol

Anonymous said...

i love the glasses!


what urban do you work at? i work at one in nyc...

May Kasahara said...

yessss. this outfit is total WIN.


tans are overrated.
your glasses are fucking epic.
the boots may have been the best purchase EVER.

sophia said...

I love the glasses I have been considering doing that to some of my sunglasses cause I hate only having one choice of glasses to wear. Love your blog

SOS! said...

specs.. yum.
xx-LJ from SOS!

melange muse said...

I love the glasses!

we could grow up 2gether said...

u'd better watch out, cos im coming over to steal your glasses!

Char Ruiz Manjarrez said...

Oh ride it! I adore those glasses! very sexual

C.

Unknown said...

geez. i like your style.

May Kasahara said...

set.
the.
date.

central park is NOT READY for these drunk Trina party-down styles.