Friday, March 13, 2009

I wish Jacksonville would fall off the face of the earth




Tee and cardigan, American Apparel. Shorts, The Gap. Faux croc belt and loafers, vintage. Watch, Urban Outfitters. Glasses, Brooks Brothers.

I wore this out running errands yesterday and then I was too lazy to change before going out so I wore it out to a bar, too haha. I'm really starting to hate Jacksonville. It is seriously a quagmire of conservatism and egregious fashion sense. It's so annoying to go out and never EVER see one person that is remotely well dressed much less stylish and unique. Ughh, woe is me. I guess there are worse things in the world. On another note, I just found out that one of my friends from college got assigned to a client here in Jax for two weeks! So that should be fun. Also, I'm doing brunch with another friend from high school *gasp* on sunday! So I do have a few things to look forward to!

I've seriously been trying to get in shape because summer is just around the corner and I have some seriously cute and seriously short vintage board shorts that I am DYING to wear to some beach/pool party or something. However, they won't be seriously cute on me if I look like a bloated pubescent 14 year old with man boobs. My regimen thus far has been starvation and running everyday. I don't think it is working quick enough so I'm going to have to start going to the gym and using those weird things called weights and a few other torture devices. Hopefully this will pay off and I'll look sexual in time for summer parties. We shall see!

On second thought, I have no friends so I don't know who is going to be hosting these amazing parties I'm imagining in my head. Hopefully, I can make a trip to nyc or something. That would be ideal.

Anyways, I hope you guys all have a wonderful weekend!

Bye LOVES!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

hit me up if you come to nyc. love to give you a tour

Dr. Debonaire said...

Romey - I'm like an nyc native... no tour is necessary... we can get drink next time i'm there, however!

Sabrina - im a hotmess... thank god for clothes... you don't even know!

Anonymous said...

since you're a NY native, you can show me around! i only been here for about 1yr. I'm a native southern boy (sweet home alabama).

Drinks is fine i love ritz - cheap drinks and decent scene on weekdays and social is a good irish pub too. again cheap drinks :)

RetroVintageModStyle said...

You're not alone...I have the same complaints as you! Except for the man boobs. Keep it up and nice outfit :)

Daisy said...

The outfit is fab!

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to wear shorts!

May Kasahara said...

Um yes - the nyc trip is not a POSSIBILITY it needs to be a REALITY!!

ps. wear shorts more often. looks excellent. and bring the BOOOOOTTTSSSSSSSS to NYC. make this happen because I think I need to go dance-party-ing with you.

May Kasahara said...

ps. you has an award ♥

Keisha Kornbread said...

I am obsessed with those shorts. I must find me some similar!

Anonymous said...

i LOVE your belt!! =)

Jacky said...

i always wonder.... do you always have someone taking the photo for you, in one picture you are in mid air lol.

hard liquor; soft holes said...

shorts are MAYJOR.

Arielle said...

i live in jacksonville to, and I'm getting out of here asap. Love your photoss :)