Friday, April 10, 2009

It's Hot Out... and a few other things






Sunglasses, bag, shorts: vintage/thrifted. Moccasins: Minnetonka. Tee: American Apparel. Briefs: Burberry.

Hey Guys! Sorry for the lack of post recently... I've been really preoccupied with all sorts of random crap. It's starting to warm up here in bustedville so I decided I could breakout my favorite board shorts and try to be outdoorsy and floridian. I got these shorts at the thrift store last summer and I'm like in LOVE with them. I feel like these pictures don't really give them justice. They're super super old so they don't have a lining in them and because they are so short I have to wear some type of underwear or I'd be flashing everyone a la brittney. I went to the Saks outlet this weekend and stocked up on Burberry underwear to wear with these shorts. I think the Nova Check waist band is a quirky touch. The shorts also have layered pockets on the front that are perfect for like... a card case, condoms, a mini-flask... you know beach essentials lol. Actually, the last time I wore these to the beach I put all the sea shells and sharks teeth I found in my pockets so I wouldn't lose them. They're highly functional pockets I must say. I bought the sunglasses the other day at a thrift store. They're Maui Nicks, haha. I feel very 80's in them. And last but not least... THE MOCCASINS! I bought these a few weeks ago and I've been wearing them non-stop bc they're sooo comfy. I know they're not the most gorgeous things in the world but I dont care. I feel like I'm walking on marshmallows when I wear them.

Now that I think about it this whole look is very Wet Hot American Summer... sexual, no?

In other news, Second Look went great! All of my future classmates were so nice and there were a few I could definitely see myself being good friends with. Since there are only 40 ppl in my class I was a little worried I wouldn't be able to find someone that I actually really liked but luckily I did. I wore the skull bow-tie to dinner. It was really a challenge bc we only had 30 minutes to go back to our rooms and "freshen up" before dinner. So after I ironed my shirt I only had a few minutes to do my tie. I'm like a pro at tying regular ties but I am still somewhat of a novice at tying bow-ties. It was stressful but I got the job done. Then when I went downstairs to meet in the lobby no one really said anything about it which worried me. Not because I want attention or anything (LOL) but bc ppl ALWAYS comment on a bow-tie. Then this girl sat by me on the way to the restaurant and told me that as soon as she saw me she wanted to be my friend. I was like YAY! lol... I'm so easy to please... compliment me and I'm forever yours. Then after everyone had had a few glasses of wine they were all complimenting my outfit. It was nice to see that my class wasn't full of the normal douche bags who ask "what are you wearing that for?" I guess that's because they're all super super smart. Honestly, I am scared to be competing against these kids in class. They're all like geniuses. One girl is trying to decide btwn UCF (my school) and Harvard. Getting into Harvard medical school is like winning the World Cup or Wimbledon or the lottery or something, lol. I hope that having all of these amazing people as my peers will inspire me to work harder rather than just making me feel like shit lol. Jesus this is a super long post lol. Anyways, here are some pictures form the weekend:




and a link to a video about the school (if you're wondering why we're wearing hardhats at a construction site lol) and the school website.

Oh... and I got a leather blazer thing the other day that I have to show you guys. I have no clue what to wear it with so I'll be needing your sincere advice and critique!

Bye loves! Happy Weekend!

2 comments:

SOS! said...

nice to see you're making new friends. But about the "geniuses" bit...it's a myth.. you'll see as time goes along that med students ain't all that! haha!

PS. Keep being the stylish one.

xx-LJ from SOS!

May Kasahara said...

you are BACKKKK.
so happeeeeeeee.

I would totally sit next to your fierce-hot ass on a bus. the bowtie is just a bonus.

and double yay for boardshorts as normal shorts. this hawai'i girl says WINN.