Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Hiatus Over (hopefully!)




Vintage plaid shirt. Old Navy cable knit sweater. Levi's 511 Skinny jeans. Vintage Bass loafers. Urban Outfitters watch.

So after a nearly month long hiatus I have finally forced myself to continue with my blog. It's been so hard to update lately because of my new job and volunteering. However, I realized that if I can't maintain two jobs, volunteer, stick to my workout regime, and update my clown blog then how am I ever going to make it through the hell that is med school? I won't! So in an effort to prove to myself that I can juggle 10,000 obligations at once and still keep my sanity I am going to (try) to update my blog at least once or twice a week.

Anyways...

I wore this out the other day to run some errands around town which include, paying a speeding ticket (grr), getting a new driver's license, setting up a new bank account, and going to an appointment with my eye doctor. Nothing too exciting. However, I am getting new glasses. Yay for being able to see! Hopefully they'll be done sometime next week and I'll have something exciting to post on. Oh and I just remembered that I found a Lanvin shirt at the thrift store the other day for $2... yes $2, as in 8 quarters, as in 20 dimes, as in 40 nickels, as in 200 pennies... 200 pennies for Lanvin! The thrift god's were smiling upon my soul that day. I'll update with pictures soon.

I've really missed all of you guys! Thank you so much for all the nice comments and e-mails. They really make my day :)

Oh and here's a picture of my busted driver's license, haha...

14 comments:

Sabrina said...

You're back! 2 bucks? Wow! What does the shirt look like?

I once found a gorgeous Lanvin tie. I don't think my boyfriend really got the significance of the find though.

Izzy said...

Love the loafers. Welcome back, the tiny portion of the blogosphere dedicated to menswear has been missing you! Looking good in the driver's license pic!!

LJ said...

please do share those lanvin shirts.....

xx-LJ from SOS!

May Kasahara said...

you're back!

excellent. I've been having cute man-style withdrawals.

hard liquor; soft holes said...

FINALLY! can't wait to steal your identity and/or stalk you. jks

RetroVintageModStyle said...

Welcome back!Definetly the gods of thrift lol were very generous on you. Good license pic!

Dr. Debonaire said...

Sabrina - It's a just a plain oxford shirt. Nothing too exciting... but it's super soft. If you find anymore Lanvin ties that your bf doesn't flip over send them my way... I'd have an aneurism, haha!

Izzy - I've missed the blogosphere (esp your blog!) too!

LJ- Next post!

May - Thank you, gorgeous!

Hard - i don't worry about identity theft. thieves prbly have better spending habits that me lol

RVMS - Hey mister! Thanks :)

Char Ruiz Manjarrez said...

yey you are back! Lanvin for 20 dimes? I soo have to got vintage shopping with you to improve my luck!

C.

Syed said...

Totally jealous of the Lanvin lol. Love those loafers and the Levis!!

Gracie said...

you're going to med school this september? me too!! random :)

Emma Homestay Bandar Tasik Puteri said...

A med student soon-to-be eh? Welcome to the club!

I for one am grateful despite all the busyness and hectic life being a medic I still have the chance to stumble upon great men style blog like yours!

we could grow up 2gether said...

with a grin like that on the driver's license, how can anybody ticket u?!

melange muse said...

Sounds like a pretty busy life! Glad your back though :)

Taylor said...

200 PENNIES FOR LANVIN?!
i am soo jealous. like seriously.
that is like the best drivers license picture.. ever?